People ask me all the time where I like to eat when I’m not cooking. Here is my current list:
- Branzino (2429 2nd Ave.): Because simplicity is an honest and difficult way to cook, and Ashley is doing it well.
- Brasa (brasa.com): Because Tamara’s food is full of earthy and robustly warm flavors.
- Cafe Juanita (cafejuanita.com): Because Holly’s pasta is amazing.
- La Carta de Oaxaca (lacartadeoaxaca.com): Because you’ve never seen an all-female line rock the kitchen the way they do and put out consistent, fast, incredible food traditional to Oaxaca.
- Chiso (chisoseattle.com): Because I can never get enough of Taichi’s kasu black cod and the chawan mushi.
- The Harvest Vine (harvestvine.com): Because Joseba’s food tastes sun-drenched.
- Oliver’s Twist (oliverstwistseattle.com): Because Dan makes delicious food that works so well with the creative cocktail list they have.
- Sambar (address): Because Jay makes the best drinks in town.
- Spring Hill (www.springhillnorthwest.com): Because the menu is thoughtful and inspiring. It’s my favorite new restaurant right now.
- Spur (www.spurseattle.com) : Because the food and cocktails bridge the gap between serious and playful. The fried mashed potatoes and pork belly sliders are slam dunk.
- Tilth (tilthrestaurant.com): Because where else can your friend enjoy a monthly vegan tasting menu OR a mini duck burger.
- Trophy Cupcakes (trophycupcakes.com): Because it makes your day better by eating the best cupcake ever — I like the PB & J flavor and the red velvet.